NERC Compliance Challenges
Common difficulties include:
- Tracking changes to existing requirements
- Identifying and mapping relevant NERC requirements to critical assets and facilities
- Complexity in implementing controls
- Logistics around control testing and tracking test results
- Avoiding costly work duplication
- Rolling up information to report the right data to the right people
- Enforcing accountability and automating processes
- Tracking all relevant evidence and documentation.
- Adopting a risk-based approach
Is your utility experiencing these challenges?
ComplyTec can help
We’ve been in the risk and compliance business for over two decades helping utilities, financial institutions, healthcare organizations, public companies and governments, build end-to-end compliance solutions, so they can report more thoroughly across the organization, remove manual processes from the process of compliance, create better visibility for the organization and most importantly, reduce risk.
Recognizing a specific need in the utility sector for NERC compliance automation, we’ve built a solution to address the specific needs of these utilities.
We chose to build our solution on the RSA Archer platform. RSA is one of the Dell Technologies family of brands, and ensures our proprietary software is built on a robust, supportable platform that will continue to drive value for our customers by integrating with the out-of-the-box Archer GRC use cases should our customers choose to do so.
Typically appearing in four Gartner Magic Quadrants each year, Archer is deployed in over 55 countries and has already been chosen in many utilities, making it the ideal platform to leverage for our NERC compliance Solution.
Archer is able to expand to meet the full demands of any regulated organization to manage their entire Governance, Risk and Compliance program. ComplyTec’s NERC Compliance solution can be a point solution for NERC Compliance, or part of a broader overall enterprise GRC system, further driving ROI.
NERC Compliance Simplified!
Many utilities are still using manual methods like Excel and SharePoint to help track NERC compliance.
This is a short-term solution that can become a long-term problem. Utilities quickly find themselves in a sprawling universe of spreadsheets that are error-prone and unreliable. At the same time, the administrative effort can become overwhelming while redundant work is rampant due to overlap. There is no built-in accountability and no proper workflow. Reporting and dashboards, if available, are deficient.
ComplyTec’s NERC Compliance solution provides a holistic approach to NERC compliance. It provides a system of record for real-time compliance information sliced and diced the way you need to see it, whatever your role. It drives process through workflow, notifications, and escalation. All relevant information and documentation are tracked and accounted for.
ComplyTec’s NERC Compliance solution will allow you to:
- Understand your current compliance posture
- Store the NERC Families and their related standards and requirements
- Aggregate data gathered in relation to those requirements.
- Identify, Assess and Monitor controls relevant to the NERC requirements
- Use out of the box or custom assessments to complete testing of NERC controls
- Develop and track appropriate remediation steps to resolve any issues found